T20 World Cup: Who will dominate in bowling and batting? The veteran revealed 2 names

Orhan Wadia
Orhan Wadia - Editor
4 Min Read

Highlights

WhatsApp Group Join Now
Telegram Group Join Now

Bumrah's performance in IPL 2024 was commendable Travis Head batted brilliantly in IPL

New Delhi. The countdown to the ICC T20 World Cup has begun. Bowlers and batsmen are eager to leave their mark in this mega event being jointly hosted by West Indies and USA. Ricky Ponting, who has led Australia to two ODI World Cup titles under his captaincy, says that in the upcoming T20 World Cup, India's Jasprit Bumrah will dominate the bowling and Australia's opener Travis Head will dominate the batting. Bumrah and Head had performed brilliantly in the 17th season of IPL.

Although Mumbai Indians could not perform well as a team in IPL 2024, Jasprit Bumrah performed brilliantly in bowling. Bumrah took 20 wickets in 13 matches while the performance of the 5-time champion was the worst in the 17th season, while Australia's Head scored 567 runs in 15 matches. Ponting said in 'The ICC Review', 'I would choose Jasprit Bumrah in terms of taking the most wickets in the tournament. I think he is a great bowler and has been contributing for many years. He has also performed brilliantly in the IPL. He can swing the new ball, seam up. But at the end of the IPL, his economy rate was less than seven runs per over.'

Will anti-sex beds be used in the Olympics? Know the truth, the 'Mahakumbh' of sports is in Love City

T20 World Cup: Rohit Sharma can overtake Chris Gayle in the 40th match, will be promoted to number three, Kohli has the most runs

'He bowls some very tough overs as well'
IPL coach Ricky Ponting of Delhi Capitals said, “He takes wickets. He also bowls very difficult overs. When you bowl such difficult overs in T20, it also gives you a chance to take a lot of wickets. So he would be my choice.” Although Head finished fourth in the list of highest run-scorers in IPL, he impressed everyone with his batting style. His strike rate in IPL was more than 200 most of the time and he scored 567 runs in 15 matches, including one century and four half-centuries.

'My prediction would be for Travis Head'
According to Ricky Ponting, 'My prediction for the highest run scorer would be for Travis Head. I think whatever white ball and red ball cricket he has played in the last two years has been of a high standard. I think he is playing very adventurous cricket at the moment.' Despite a brilliant performance with the bat, Head was out on zero three times in the last four matches of IPL. Ponting said, 'His performance in IPL was full of ups and downs but he won many matches for his team.' The Indian team has been placed in Group A along with Pakistan, USA, Ireland. Team India will start its campaign against Ireland on June 5.

tag: Jasprit Bumrah, Ricky Ponting, T20 World Cup, Travis Head

PressNews24 provides latest news, bollywood news, breaking news hollywood, top tech news, business standard news, indian economy news, world economy news, travel news, mumbai news, latest news mumbai loksabha election 2024, video viral news, delhi news, Only at PressNews24.in

Leave a comment