With more than 2.7 billion users worldwide, WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps globally. While it’s available on Android, iPhone, Mac, and tablets, there has been a notable gap for iPad users. They’ve had to rely on WhatsApp Web to access their messages, but that’s about to change. According to a report by Wabetainfo, WhatsApp is gearing up to launch a dedicated app for iPad users, and it’s already in the hands of some beta testers.
How to Get WhatsApp for iPad
If you’re eager to give this app a try, here’s what you need to do:
- Download WhatsApp Beta: To access the WhatsApp app for iPad, you’ll first need to download the WhatsApp Beta app on both your iPhone and iPad.
- Launch WhatsApp on iPad: After downloading the app, open WhatsApp Beta on your iPhone.
- Link Devices: From your iPhone, navigate to the “Linked device” option and log in to WhatsApp on your iPad.
- QR Code Login: To complete the setup, scan the QR code displayed on your iPhone using your iPad. This will link your devices.
- Access Messages on iPad: Once linked, you’ll be able to read and interact with your WhatsApp messages on your iPad, even if your iPhone is disconnected from the internet.
Exciting Update for Android Users
WhatsApp has another exciting update in the pipeline, specifically related to calling features for Android users. Soon, Android users will be able to add up to 31 people to a call simultaneously. Currently, the app allows adding up to 32 people in a call, but you can only add 15 participants at the beginning, with others joining later. This update streamlines the process, allowing you to add 31 participants right from the start. It’s worth noting that this feature has been spotted in the WhatsApp beta version, so if you want to try it out, consider joining the WhatsApp beta program for Android.
WhatsApp continues to evolve and expand its features, making it a versatile and user-friendly platform for connecting with friends and family around the world. Stay tuned for these exciting updates, whether you’re an iPad or Android user!