Thane News: Significant Fire Erupts in Ambernath Following Cylinder Explosion; Footage Emerges

Orhan Wadia
Orhan Wadia  - Editor
2 Min Read

A major fire erupted in a slum situated in the Circus Ground area of Ambernath on Monday. Reports from the local area suggest that the fire originated from the explosion of four cooking gas cylinders within the slum, all allegedly stored in the same residence.

Upon receiving news of the incident, five fire tenders promptly rushed to the location and commenced firefighting operations. Local authorities also arrived to manage the situation. Fortunately, at present, there have been no reports of any casualties resulting from the incident.

WhatsApp Group Join Now
Telegram Group Join Now

Footage of the fire depicts extensive flames engulfing the slum, with thick black smoke rising from the burning houses and covering the sky above. Onlookers, potentially residents of the area, can be seen observing the flames, with some actively participating in attempts to extinguish the blaze.

Similar Incidents in the Past

This incident is not an isolated occurrence in Thane district, Maharashtra. Approximately a week ago, a furniture factory in Bhiwandi experienced a fire, resulting in substantial property damage. The incident, reported on February 18th at Kalher Prithvi Complex in Bhiwandi, prompted the immediate response of three fire tender teams upon notification to the authorities.

The firefighting efforts lasted nearly four hours, hindered by the presence of gas cylinders within the premises. Thick plumes of smoke were visible in the video footage, with approximately five workshops severely affected. An investigation indicated that sparks in contact with an inflammable chemical likely triggered the fire.

PressNews24 provides latest news, bollywood news, breaking news hollywood, top tech news, business standard news, indian economy news, world economy news, travel news, mumbai news, latest news mumbai loksabha election 2024, video viral news, delhi news, Only at

Leave a comment